Departamento de Informação e Sistemas
Av. Jornalista Anibal Fernandes s/n – Cidade Universitária (Campus Recife), 50740-560 Recife-PE, Brazil
Tel: (+55 81) 2126-8430, x4092 Fax: (+55 81) 2126-8438
@: vcg (at) cin (dot) ufpe (dot) br
The Emerging Web of Social Machines – read
We define a notion of social machine and envisage an algebra that can describe networks of such. To start with, social machines are defined as tuples of input, output, processes, constraints, state, requests and responses; apart from defining the machines themselves, the algebra defines a set of connectors and conditionals that can be used to describe the interactions between any number of machines in a multitude of ways, as a means to represent real machines interacting in the real web, such as Twitter, Twitter running on top of Amazon AWS, mashups built using Twitter and, obviously, other social machines.
This paper tries to explain the web in terms of a new concept named Social Machines (SM). This is not a theoretical paper as yet; but, in more than one sense, we think that this work can collaborate to the process of providing a unifying vision to describe web based information systems and are starting to work on what could be a practical way of dealing with the complexity of this emerging web of social machine.
- Institutional Representative (RI) of the Brazilian Computer Society – UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), since 2011
- Associate Professor I at CIn (Informatic Center) of UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), since 2010
- D.Sc. in Computer Science, 2010, at Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil. Advisor: Silvio Romero de Lemos Meira & Co-advisor: Eduardo Santana de Almeida
- Assistant Professor II at UPE (Pernambuco University), 2009~2010.
- Professor and Researcher at CESAR.EDU – Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems Educational Unit, 2007~2010.
- Professor of New Technologies at FAFICA (Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters of Caruaru), 2008.
- Visiting Researcher, 2006, University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany, Colin Atkinson’s Group.
- Senior member of RiSE – Reuse in Software Engineering Group.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Certified, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, 2005, at Federal University of São Carlos, São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil. Advisor: Antonio Francisco do Prado
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, 2000, at Salvador University (UNIFACS), Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Advisor: Antonio Carlos Fontes Atta
- Br-SCMM: Modelo Brasileiro de Maturidade para Cidades Inteligentes. Melhor artigo da trilha Sistemas de Informação e os Desafios do Mundo Aberto do IX Simpósio Brasileiro de Sistemas de Informação (SBSI 2013), João Pessoa, PB, Brazil. Promovido pela Sociedade Brasileira de Computação.
- RiSE Reference Model for Software Reuse Adoption in Brazilian Companies. First place in the Contest of Thesis and Dissertations in Software Quality (Concurso de Teses e Dissertações em Qualidade de Software – CTDQS) – Type: Ph.D., X Brazilian Symposium on Software Quality (SBQS Conference), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Curitiba-PR, Brazil, 2011.
- Honorable Mention as THE BEST TOOL of the X Workshop on Tools and Applications (X Workshop de Ferramentas e Aplicações), XVII Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia Systems and Web – WebMedia (XVII Simpósio Brasileiro de Sistemas Multimídia e Web), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Curitiba-PR, Brazil, 2011
- Honored Professor, Class of Analysis and System Development, FAFICA (Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters of Caruaru), Caruaru, Pernambuco, 2008.
- COMPGOV Project: Shared Library for E-Gov Components,(in portuguese), among the ten best projects, Meeting of Software Quality and Productivity (EQPS), 7th Brazilian Simposium on Software Quality (SBQS), Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil, 2008
- Reuse in Software Engineering (RiSE),(in portuguese), among the ten best business plans, Intel + UC Berkeley Technology Entrepreneurship Challenge, Brazilian Contest (FGV-CEPE), São Paulo, Brazil, 2007.
- A CASE tool for Aspect-Oriented Software Development (in portuguese), is among the three best tools in the XI Tools Session – XVIII Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBES Conference), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Brasília-DF, Brazil, 2004.
Computer Societies Membership:
- Brazilian Computer Society Member since 2002, (Nr: 11919)
- IEEE and IEEE Computer Society Member since 2008, (Nr: 90544198)
- IASA – The Global IT Architect Association, (Nr: 20099580)
- Social Machines, Social Networks, Cloud Computing, Social Computing
- Education in Software Engineering, Serious Game, Game Development, Game Environment for Education
- Software Reuse: Software Reuse Adoption, Software Reuse Risks and Costs Models, Tools and Environments, Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE), Domain Engineering, Software Product Lines, Open Source, PSEE, CASE Tools, Design Patterns.
- Software Reengineering, Software Transformations, Reverse Engineering, Refactoring
- Aspect-Oriented Software Development (aosd.net), AspectJ Project
- OpenBio & OpenBio Wiki (EUBrazil Open Data Cloud Computing e-Infrastructure for Biodiversity), since 2011
- INES (National Institute of Science and Technology for Software Engineering), since 2008
- RiSE: Reuse in Software Engineering Group, since 2003
- Phoenix: An Approach for Aspect-Oriented Software Reengineering – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2003 – 2005 (concluded)
- MVCase Tool – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2005 (concluded)
- Software Reengineering using Transformations (site in portuguese) – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2003 (concluded)
- Draco-PUC Transformation System (site in portuguese) – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2005 (concluded)
- CNPq / RHAE
- FAPESB – Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado da Bahia
- FACEPE – Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Pernambuco
- Coodenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior – CAPES
- Computer Department, Federal University of São Carlos
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos – FINEP
- Informatic Center, Federal University of Pernambuco
- Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems – C.E.S.A.R
- Institute of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, University of São Paulo (ICMC/USP-São Carlos)
- Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia para Engenharia de Software – INES
- RiSE Reference Model for Software Reuse Adoption in Brazilian Companies. D.Sc. Proposal at Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE). Advisor: Silvio Romero de Lemos Meira. Download, read and/or share.
- Phoenix: An Approach for the Aspect-Oriented Software Reengineering. (in portuguese) M.Sc. Dissertation presented in March 03, 2005 at Federal University of São Carlos (UFScar). Advisor: Antonio Francisco do Prado. Download, read and/or share.
- VPN Analisys and Implementation in a Linux Environment. (in portuguese) B.Sc. Monography presented in December, 2000 at Salvador University (UNIFACS). Advisor: Antonio Carlos Fontes Atta. For download, request for me.